Ingredients for preparing Toor Dal Thoran
- Toor Dal - 1 cup
- Salt to taste – ½ tsp
- Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Dry Red Chillies - 2 nos.
- Green Chillies - 3 nos.
- Small Onion / Shallot: chopped - 5 nos.
- Turmeric Powder – ½ tsp
- Fennel Seeds (Perumjeerakam) - ½ tsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 2 stalks
- Oil - 1 tbsp
Steps for preparing Thuvara Parippu(Toor Dal) Thoran
- Pressure cook toor dal with salt by adding enough water.
- Grind grated coconut, turmeric powder and fennel seeds together into fine paste. Keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add small onion, red chillies and curry leaves, stir for 5 minutes.
- Add ground coconut mixture and stir for 3 minutes. Then add toor dal and mix it well. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot.