Ingredients for preparing Moong Dal Laddu
- Moong Dal (Cherupayar Parippu) – ½ cup
- Grated Coconut – ½ cup
- Sugar Powder - ½ cup
- Ghee – 2 tbsp
- Cashew Nuts - 10 g
- Raisins (Unakka Munthiri) - 10 g
- Cardamom (Elakka) Powder – ½ tsp
Steps for Preparing Moong Dal Laddu
- Dry roast moong dal in a heavy bottomed pan until fragrant and immediately turn off the stove. Cool it off completely and powder it.
- Heat ghee in a pan, fry cashew nuts and raisins, keep it aside
- Heat ghee in the same pan, add powdered moong dal and stir it well. Turn off the stove. Now add sugar powder, cardamom and fried coconut. Mix well.
- Mix fried cashew nuts and raisins into the above mixture.
- Remove the pan from heat and roll the dough into small balls when it cools down.
- Serve when it becomes dry.