Ingredients for preparing Dal Pongal
- Rice - 1 cup
- Moong Dal(Cherupayar Parippu) - ½ cup
- Ginger - 1 piece
- Pepper - 6 nos.
- Cashew Nuts - 15 nos.
- Ghee - 50 g
- Asafoetida Powder - 1 pinch
- Cumin Seeds Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
Steps for preparing Dal Pongal
- Dry roast the rice and dal separately until they are slightly roasted.
- Wash them, add salt and turmeric powder to it and then cook till done.
- Fry ginger, pepper, cumin seeds powder and asafoetida powder in ghee.
- When the rice and dal mixture is ready, add the above mixture into it. Stir to combine.
- Fry cashew nuts in the ghee and mix with the pongal.
- Serve with best combination.